Nj shore dating Chat rooms games free

posted by | Leave a comment

A neighborhood variously called East Hackensack or New Hackensack was established along a ridge on the east bank of the Hackensack River, site of a Native American trail that followed the river's path along what is now River Road, with the earliest known buildings constructed dating back as far as 1704.Other early European settlements were established along what became Teaneck Road, which is the site of a number of Dutch stone houses that remain standing since their construction in the 1700s, several of which have been added to the National Register of Historic Places.As de facto racial segregation increased, so did tensions between residents of the northeast and members of the predominantly white male Teaneck Police Department.On the evening of April 10, 1990, the Teaneck Police Department responded to a call from a resident complaining about a teenager with a gun.New growth and development were spurred in the mid-19th century by the establishment of railroads throughout the area.Wealthy New Yorkers and others purchased large properties on which they built spacious mansions and manor houses.Teaneck was created on February 19, 1895 by an act of the New Jersey Legislature from portions of Englewood Township and Ridgefield Township, both of which are now defunct (despite existing municipalities with similar names), along with portions of Bogota and Leonia.

Teaneck was selected in 1949 from over 10,000 communities as America's model community.After the American defeat at the Battle of Fort Washington, George Washington and the troops of the Continental Army retreated across New Jersey from the British Army, traveling through Teaneck and crossing the Hackensack River at New Bridge Landing, which has since been turned into a state park and historic site commemorating the events of 1776 and of early colonial life.In 1965, Teaneck voluntarily desegregated its public schools, after the Board of Education approved a plan to do so by a 7–2 vote on May 13, 1964.In 1865, Phelps arrived in Teaneck and enlarged an old farmhouse into a large Victorian mansion on the site of the present Municipal Government Complex.Phelps' "Englewood Farm" eventually encompassed nearly 2,000 acres (8.1 km At a referendum held on January 14, 1895, 46 of 53 voters approved incorporation as a Borough.

Leave a Reply

lesbiandating